Pages

Sunday 1 May 2016

Indian Food Craze

Hi there!

Hasny and me were discussing on one of our favourite topics (which I bet, is most people's favourite too!)- FOOOD. It wasn't surprising that Hasny was familiar with some South Indian cuisines, though she knew it by names that were funny to me :p
Any way, we got into talking about our most favourite dish, and as usual, I cant pick just one!
You know, I've favourites for breakfast, another one for lunch, and yet another for dinner. Honestly, its hard to choose a favourite!

1. ONE OF THE BEST BREAKFAST MEALS- DOSA AND CHUTNEY

Dosa is a fermented crepe made from rice batter and black lentils. It is a staple dish in South Indian states of Tamil nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Telangana. There are many varieties of dosa, based on the flavour or seasoning added to the batter.
I love it plain and crispy as paper. The chutneys usually are spicy and finger-licking good, trust me.
*(Hasny keep on insisting that this is thosai or tosei or whatever she called this as, well Hasny, it is DOSA XD)

2. LUNCH SET
Being a South Indian, rice is almost always a must on the lunch table. I personally dont prefer rice much, but I dont mind it either.
My favourite lunch would be the complete vegetarian rice set: plain rice, a variety of vegetable dishes, yoghurt, vegetable gravy known as sambhar, n vegetables and more vegetables. A little bit of fruit, usually bananas. Trust me, it's the most filling of meals. Perfectly yummy. Though this meal is traditionally vegetarian, I often pester Mom for a piece of fried fish. It's so tasty, I'm missing home alreadyyy!

3. DINNER
I love anything but rice for dinner.

Should I post about Idli, or Chapati, or maybe Naan..?
You see, I love everything Mom cooks, and if I were to write about it all, it'd be a never ending list! So, I'll settle with Chapati and lady's finger for now. May be some day later, I'll share more Indian cuisines, insha Allah.
Chapati (alternatively Chapatti, Chappati or Chapathi) is an unleavened flatbread (also known as roti) from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. It is a common staple in South Asia as well as amongst South Asian expatriates throughout the world. Chapatis are one of the most common forms of wheat bread which is staple food in South Asia.
Chapati with lady's finger fry- yum yum yummyy!





No comments:

Post a Comment